One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for reflectance
- ‘Although many approaches are possible, a long asymmetric window is applied to the synthesized residual to generate a reflection coefficient that is smoothed, scaled and used in a first order filter.’
- ‘Puncturing the endodermis of young maize roots had a substantial effect on the permeability of ions and on the root reflection coefficient, but did not affect water permeability (hydraulic conductivity) of the roots.’
- ‘At present, the seabed environmental data comes from static databases that provide the bottom reflection coefficient itself or geoacoustic properties.’
- ‘In addition to the low reflection coefficient of roots, the hydraulic conductivity of roots should depend on the force (osmotic and hydrostatic pressure gradients) used to drive water across roots.’
- ‘Furthermore, the value of conductivity is linked with the reflection coefficient by means of the relationship given by Nobel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.