Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for reflectance
- ‘In addition to the low reflection coefficient of roots, the hydraulic conductivity of roots should depend on the force (osmotic and hydrostatic pressure gradients) used to drive water across roots.’
- ‘Furthermore, the value of conductivity is linked with the reflection coefficient by means of the relationship given by Nobel.’
- ‘At present, the seabed environmental data comes from static databases that provide the bottom reflection coefficient itself or geoacoustic properties.’
- ‘Although many approaches are possible, a long asymmetric window is applied to the synthesized residual to generate a reflection coefficient that is smoothed, scaled and used in a first order filter.’
- ‘Puncturing the endodermis of young maize roots had a substantial effect on the permeability of ions and on the root reflection coefficient, but did not affect water permeability (hydraulic conductivity) of the roots.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.