The measure of the proportion of light or other radiation striking a surface which is reflected off it.
- ‘Chroma, a measure of spectral purity, is the ratio of the total reflectance in the range of interest and the total reflectance of the entire spectrum.’
- ‘Even the highest measured reflectances at blue-green wavelength were five times too low.’
- ‘The peculiar reflectance of infrared radiation by plants forms the main source of remotely sensed information about the biosphere on land.’
- ‘So, given the measured reflectance and the predicted reflectance, one can calculate the contrasts of the collected species in the water.’
- ‘Instead it measured the diffuse reflectance, which is relatively independent of the angles of illumination and measurement.’