One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electrode having an accurately maintained potential, used as a reference for measurement by other electrodes.
- ‘The electrode response to the ion of interest is measured as a change in electrical potential versus a reference electrode.’
- ‘The CV measurements were then carried out using a platinum wire as the working electrode, a platinum plate as the counter electrode and a saturated calomel electrode as the reference electrode.’
- ‘An magnetic flow meter is provided which includes a reference electrode configured to electrically couple process fluid flowing within a flowtube of the flow meter.’
- ‘The method generally includes drawing refill electrolyte from a refill bottle and pumping the refill electrolyte to the reference electrode.’
- ‘The limited extracellular space in the shallow microchannel restricted ionic current flow in the solution between the stimulus electrodes and the reference electrode, ensuring sufficient current flow through the myocyte.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.