One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Shaped into or decorated with semi-cylindrical adjacent mouldings.‘a front door with a reeded glass panel’
- ‘Try reeded aluminium finish legs for a contemporary finish.’
- ‘Caldwell also made and signed a fine card table with reeded bulbous legs, another example of the elegant local work that occupied pride of place in Maine interiors.’
- ‘The reeded footposts with undercut foliage are typical of Salem beds of the Federal period, but the dramatic canted, carved paw feet move the bed into the classical style.’
- ‘Whistler, taking his cue from the English Pre-Raphaelites, experimented with reeded moldings and with various shades of gold leaf.’
- ‘Nonetheless this interpretation of the classical style was born deep within the backcountry despite the impressive reeded legs, half-spindles, and drawer with a convex front.’
2(of a wind instrument) having a reed or reeds.in combination ‘a double-reeded oboe’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.