Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An African antelope with a distinctive whistling call and high bouncing jumps.→ rietbok
- ‘The crater is home to elephant, buffalo, baboon, reedbuck, colobus monkeys, leopard and duikers.’
- ‘Also present in smaller numbers are zebra, blue wildebeest, buffalo, oribi, kudu, reedbuck, bushbuck and common duiker.’
- ‘Once in the tree the prey, be it an impala, puku or reedbuck, will nourish the leopard for days on end.’
- ‘A number of animals - zebras, blesbok, hartebeest, wildebeest and mountain reedbuck - were introduced to the reserve in September.’
- ‘The grazers are mainly antelope, wildebeest, hartebeest, oribi, impala, gazelle, reedbuck, roan and sable antelope.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.