A Eurasian bunting that frequents reed beds and hedgerows, the male having a black head and white collar.
- ‘Other species in danger are the brown hare, skylark, linnet, reed bunting, tree sparrow, grey partridge, bullfinch, song thrush and grass-wrack pondweed.’
- ‘In another area, he sows seeds to attract birds like linnets, reed buntings and bramblings.’
- ‘They claimed the land was a home to protected species, including the great crested newt, the reed bunting and the short-eared owl.’
- ‘The keen-eyed may also see a great spotted woodpecker or a reed bunting.’
- ‘Areas already under stewardship have seen a marked increase in previously declining bird species, including the stone curlew, bittern, lapwing, reed bunting, greenfinch, pipit, twite, and wagtail.’