One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To put it differently and a little reductively, we have two sets of desires, and they issue in at least the two responses.’
- ‘So, if living systems cannot be reductively defined in some other way, it will follow that no reductive account of life will be forthcoming.’
- ‘Do we perceive symbols reductively, through the filter of our own experience, and if so how do we know we are seeing what the artist intended?’
- ‘Work by women, for example, if it's noticed at all, is usually noticed reductively.’
- ‘The dangers of writing either melodramatically or reductively about the slaughter and terror at the center of these new killing fields are all too real.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.