One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of gearwheels in which the driven shaft rotates more slowly than the driving shaft.
- ‘Usually, the electric motor needs a reduction gear for maximum efficiency.’
- ‘The motors are fitted with a two-speed reduction gear.’
- ‘We have shown that a V-belt can handle those torque loads when it drives a reduction gear at the crankshaft.’
- ‘There are two reduction gears with pitch actuators, driving two independent shafts with controllable pitch propellers.’
- ‘The engine had a spur reduction gear which meant that the entire engine installation was shorter while having a higher thrust line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.