One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of gearwheels in which the driven shaft rotates more slowly than the driving shaft.
- ‘We have shown that a V-belt can handle those torque loads when it drives a reduction gear at the crankshaft.’
- ‘The motors are fitted with a two-speed reduction gear.’
- ‘The engine had a spur reduction gear which meant that the entire engine installation was shorter while having a higher thrust line.’
- ‘Usually, the electric motor needs a reduction gear for maximum efficiency.’
- ‘There are two reduction gears with pitch actuators, driving two independent shafts with controllable pitch propellers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.