One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See red shift
- ‘It does not violate any principle of relativity, however, because the observer cannot see it; it is infinitely redshifted.’
- ‘Smaller galaxies in galaxy clusters are systematically redshifted with respect to the larger galaxies.’
- ‘Astronomers have long observed that light from distant galaxies is usually redshifted.’
- ‘Astronomers say that the galactic light has been redshifted.’
- ‘As a result, Gemini will be able to analyse the light from old and distant galaxies that has been redshifted on its journey to the Earth, as well as light from faint galaxies containing cool stars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.