One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The distribution of something in a different way, typically to achieve greater social equality.‘social justice required redistribution of wealth’as modifier ‘a government land redistribution policy’
- ‘Not only will redistribution of the fruits of progress not erase gaps, they will foster more dissatisfaction with inequalities that remain.’
- ‘The seat of Oxley disappeared in a redistribution of electoral boundaries.’
- ‘This cultural radicalism was not matched by any serious commitment to a redistribution of wealth.’
- ‘Agricultural development, not redistribution of food, is needed for economic development.’
- ‘The first priority of the revolution became the redistribution of land under the Agrarian Reform Act.’
- ‘A congestion toll may involve a redistribution of income from low income to high income travellers.’
- ‘The only way to universalize upper-middle class taste would be through universal redistribution of upper-middle class wealth.’
- ‘In the UK in recent years there has been some significant redistribution in the power of manufacturers relative to retailers.’
- ‘By disputing the legality of the government measures, the judiciary fuelled opposition to the redistribution policies.’
- ‘The government refuses to acknowledge that their implementation of the land redistribution programme has caused forced displacement of people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.