One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A bright red edible marine fish.See also nannygai
- ‘I arrived at Mosquito Lagoon to fish for the redfish.’
- ‘The saltwater river harbors prized snook, trout, largemouth bass, redfish, and even tarpon.’
- ‘I have just returned from the United States where I have been fishing for striper bass, redfish, seatrout and Spanish mackerel.’
- ‘We caught 29 redfish my first day and 19 the second day.’
- ‘Species that are usually caught near the ocean's bottom, including cod, haddock, pollock, redfish, halibut, flounder, and other species.’
2British A male salmon in the spawning season.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.