One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A suburb of Sydney, one stop before the railway terminus.
get off at Redfern
informal Practise coitus interruptus.‘getting off at Redfern is the oldest known method of contraception’
- ‘Maybe one night you forgot to 'get off at Redfern' or you panicked and thought, God might kill me.’
- ‘Getting off at Redfern doesn't stop the clap though.’
- ‘Giving him a flirtatious look she'd said, "You could get off at Redfern."’
- ‘When asked how most couples avoided getting pregnant, he replied that the bloke would have to get off at Redfern instead.’
- ‘Before the Pill was developed, getting off at Redfern was a common form of birth control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.