One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A suburb of Sydney, one stop before the railway terminus.
get off at Redfern
informal Practise coitus interruptus.‘getting off at Redfern is the oldest known method of contraception’
- ‘Giving him a flirtatious look she'd said, "You could get off at Redfern."’
- ‘Before the Pill was developed, getting off at Redfern was a common form of birth control.’
- ‘Getting off at Redfern doesn't stop the clap though.’
- ‘When asked how most couples avoided getting pregnant, he replied that the bloke would have to get off at Redfern instead.’
- ‘Maybe one night you forgot to 'get off at Redfern' or you panicked and thought, God might kill me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.