One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American tree of the pea family, with pink flowers that grow from the trunk, branches, and twigs.
Genus Cercis, family Leguminosae
- ‘They were few and far between, mostly redbuds in bloom.’
- ‘You'll get a hankering to come back every year in early May when the redbuds open and the dogwoods bloom.’
- ‘Eighty new trees will be planted, Kousa dogwood, Eastern redbud, downy serviceberry, sourwood, Yoshino cherry, and tulip poplar among them.’
- ‘Shorter trees are eastern redbud, flowering dogwood, American hornbeam, and eastern hop hornbeam.’
- ‘The 24 affected species included oaks, red maple, and redbud.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.