Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A North American tree of the pea family, with pink flowers that grow from the trunk, branches, and twigs.
- ‘You'll get a hankering to come back every year in early May when the redbuds open and the dogwoods bloom.’
- ‘Shorter trees are eastern redbud, flowering dogwood, American hornbeam, and eastern hop hornbeam.’
- ‘Eighty new trees will be planted, Kousa dogwood, Eastern redbud, downy serviceberry, sourwood, Yoshino cherry, and tulip poplar among them.’
- ‘The 24 affected species included oaks, red maple, and redbud.’
- ‘They were few and far between, mostly redbuds in bloom.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.