Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fairly small wolf with a cinnamon or tawny coloured coat, native to the south-eastern US but possibly extinct in the wild.
- ‘For example, a large fraction of both red wolves and gray wolves have turned out to be wolf/coyote hybrids.’
- ‘The endangered red wolf is another case in point.’
- ‘Even the red wolf and bison could be reintroduced one day.’
- ‘Mating between eastern Canadian wolves, red wolves, and coyotes is possible, he said, because they share a common ancestor.’
- ‘Gray wolves can be distinguished from red wolves by their larger size, broader snout, and shorter ears.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.