A reddish marine fish that is of commercial value as a food fish.
- ‘Species currently threatened by overfishing include the Atlantic cod, the black sea bass, the red snapper, and some sharks.’
- ‘After that came a variety of fish, from red snappers to barracuda - around 13 different species in the space of two hours.’
- ‘On this evening it featured a whole red snapper, tuna, salmon, enormous shrimp and sea bass.’
- ‘I'm back from the market where I've bought tuna fish, red snapper and some walnut halves - all good stuff.’
- ‘For many St Lucians fish - dorado, tuna, flying fish, red snapper and more - is a regular part of the daily diet.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.