One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting an animal having a coat that consists of bay or chestnut mixed with white or grey.
- ‘Rhylow was a large red roan gelding who was actually trained as a warhorse.’
- ‘Three suitors had kissed it, mounted their red roan steeds and ridden away.’
- ‘Life was great for this little red roan stallion.’
- ‘She gave the red roan horse one last pat on the neck before she swiftly gave the rusted iron gate a solid kick that caused it to screech open.’
- ‘Amy rode a red roan mare, while Sarah had chosen the dark chestnut gelding.’
A red roan animal.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.