Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting an animal having a coat that consists of bay or chestnut mixed with white or grey.
- ‘Three suitors had kissed it, mounted their red roan steeds and ridden away.’
- ‘Life was great for this little red roan stallion.’
- ‘Amy rode a red roan mare, while Sarah had chosen the dark chestnut gelding.’
- ‘She gave the red roan horse one last pat on the neck before she swiftly gave the rusted iron gate a solid kick that caused it to screech open.’
- ‘Rhylow was a large red roan gelding who was actually trained as a warhorse.’
A red roan animal.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.