One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ripe red fruit of a sweet pepper.
- ‘The spinach lasagna, on the other hand, was made up of firm layers of green pasta, grilled zucchini and red peppers, fragrant chicken and mozzarella.’
- ‘Juice the yellow pepper, then the red pepper with the chilli.’
- ‘Eggplant, zucchini, roasted red peppers, olives and lettuce are layered on focaccia to create an eye-rollingly good combination.’
- ‘If I'm trying to be healthy, then I like an omelet with tomatoes, mushrooms, green and red peppers, and with lots of mozzarella cheese.’
- ‘Cold strips of grilled beef mingle with greens, julienned yellow and red peppers, all tossed together with a citrusy vinaigrette.’
- ‘Nutritionally, vitamin A is found in foods like broccoli, cantaloupe, cod, red peppers, spinach and watercress.’
- ‘Once that's done you'll need to take six green peppers, or red peppers, or a pretty mixture, it really doesn't matter.’
- ‘Foods rich in vitamin C include citrus fruits, tomatoes, red peppers and broccoli.’
- ‘These were placed atop new potatoes, cauliflower, red peppers, zucchini and julienned carrots.’
- ‘Arrange alternating layers of cauliflower, zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, red peppers, reserved mushrooms, and spinach, making sure to season each layer.’
- ‘A side of lifeless green peas was kicked up by the addition of fresh carrots, celery and red peppers.’
- ‘Roasted red peppers have become so popular that they have practically become their own type of pepper.’
- ‘Add the red peppers and yellow peppers and sauté until tender, about five minutes.’
- ‘Eat more tomatoes, red peppers and strawberries.’
- ‘Rich sources are citrus fruits, kiwi fruits, strawberries, blackcurrants, kale, red peppers, watercress, spinach and carrots.’
- ‘A great steak sandwich combines thinly cut steak, roasted red peppers, onions and spicy mayonnaise between slices of supple sourdough.’
- ‘Roast whole heads of garlic until soft, and spread on warm baguette slices or purée roasted red peppers with garlic for a fast sauce.’
- ‘Sweetcorn, red peppers, nectarines, papaya and honeydew melon are good sources.’
- ‘The cholesterol-lowering diet includes vegetables such as broccoli and red peppers; soymilk and soy sausages; oat bran cereal and bread; and fruits and nuts.’
- ‘Add the broccoli florets and the red peppers, and sauté for two minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.