One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A raccoon-like mammal with thick reddish-brown fur and a bushy tail, native to high bamboo forests from the Himalayas to southern China.
- ‘Recent DNA analysis indicates that giant pandas are more closely related to bears and red pandas are more closely related to raccoons.’
- ‘The red panda lives in the bamboo forests of the Himalayan and Heng-Duan Mountains.’
- ‘The red panda, which inhabits southwestern China, is an endangered species.’
- ‘Among the world's botanically richest sites, the sanctuaries are also home to other endangered animals such as the red panda and the snow leopard.’
- ‘There, on a steeply sloping site, we saw animals ranging from fierce tigers and lions to some very cute red pandas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.