One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An elongated fish with long barbels on the chin, living in warmer seas and widely valued as a food fish.
- ‘Other appetizing local dishes include octopus in red wine, red mullet and squid rings for fish lovers.’
- ‘I sometimes have red mullet cooked in olive oil in a wok with chilli flakes, chopped fresh tomatoes, anchovy fillets, fennel seeds, sliced garlic and linguine.’
- ‘On rocky rummages in the shallows you might spy damsel fish, red mullet, painted combers and rainbow wrasse before they dart off.’
- ‘He added: ‘We have seen large shoals of red mullet moving in and only recently a swordfish was washed up at Ingoldmells.’’
- ‘The talk is all of haddock, salmon, red mullet and bass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.