One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An elongated fish with long barbels on the chin, living in warmer seas and widely valued as a food fish.
Family Mullidae: several genera and many species, in particular Muletus surmuletus of the Mediterranean and East Atlantic
- ‘I sometimes have red mullet cooked in olive oil in a wok with chilli flakes, chopped fresh tomatoes, anchovy fillets, fennel seeds, sliced garlic and linguine.’
- ‘Other appetizing local dishes include octopus in red wine, red mullet and squid rings for fish lovers.’
- ‘The talk is all of haddock, salmon, red mullet and bass.’
- ‘He added: ‘We have seen large shoals of red mullet moving in and only recently a swordfish was washed up at Ingoldmells.’’
- ‘On rocky rummages in the shallows you might spy damsel fish, red mullet, painted combers and rainbow wrasse before they dart off.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.