One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large kangaroo of Australian grasslands, the male of which has a russet-red coat and the female typically a blue-gray coat.
Macropus rufus, family MacropodidaeSee also blue flyer
- ‘Largest and fleetest are the red kangaroos of the wide open plains of inland Australia.’
- ‘For an instant, a small tree glows in the light, then a bush, then three red kangaroos.’
- ‘There are red kangaroos bounding all over the place, it is a beautiful bit of dry bush country.’
- ‘There was this big red kangaroo on the top of this rock.’
- ‘A 150-pound red kangaroo was found hopping along the highway near here, and no one seems to know where it came from.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.