One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large kangaroo of Australian grasslands, the male of which has a russet-red coat and the female typically a blue-gray coat.
Macropus rufus, family MacropodidaeSee also blue flyer
- ‘For an instant, a small tree glows in the light, then a bush, then three red kangaroos.’
- ‘A 150-pound red kangaroo was found hopping along the highway near here, and no one seems to know where it came from.’
- ‘Largest and fleetest are the red kangaroos of the wide open plains of inland Australia.’
- ‘There was this big red kangaroo on the top of this rock.’
- ‘There are red kangaroos bounding all over the place, it is a beautiful bit of dry bush country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.