One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, old, relatively cool star.
- ‘Despite the fact that red dwarfs are relatively cool, the small orbit means that temperatures on this world are extra toasty - several hundred degrees Celsius.’
- ‘In some respects, searching for planets around red dwarfs is harder than around heavier, hotter stars.’
- ‘The newfound planet's host star is a red dwarf with about one-fifth the mass of our sun.’
- ‘This list is being added to as astronomers discover new red dwarfs and other small stars - which are still many times bigger than Jupiter and may possess planets.’
- ‘It was hoped that this dark matter would be mostly in the form of small stars called red dwarfs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.