One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, old, relatively cool star.
- ‘In some respects, searching for planets around red dwarfs is harder than around heavier, hotter stars.’
- ‘It was hoped that this dark matter would be mostly in the form of small stars called red dwarfs.’
- ‘Despite the fact that red dwarfs are relatively cool, the small orbit means that temperatures on this world are extra toasty - several hundred degrees Celsius.’
- ‘The newfound planet's host star is a red dwarf with about one-fifth the mass of our sun.’
- ‘This list is being added to as astronomers discover new red dwarfs and other small stars - which are still many times bigger than Jupiter and may possess planets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.