One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of two North American coniferous trees with reddish-brown bark.
- ‘Fortunately there are plenty of other deck-worthy trees in the forest, among them teak, Western red cedar, redwood, and mahogany.’
- ‘In western Washington, they typically roost in western hemlock and western red cedar.’
- ‘They passed through stands of red cedar and hemlock trees so tall and so ancient that the sunlight rarely touched the forest floor.’
- ‘Scattered eastern red cedar are the only trees within the glade communities.’
- ‘The gardens have very successfully combined Japanese species such as azaleas, maples and cherry trees with native plants such as Canadian maples and red cedars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.