One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sandstones or other sedimentary strata coloured red by haematite coating the grains.
- ‘Their composition suggests that they represent metamorphosed red beds.’
- ‘Similar thrust ridges bring tilted Neogene red beds to the surface near the northern margin of the Adak valley and indicate that the valley is being overthrust on both its north and south sides.’
- ‘These gaps are commonly associated with red beds in which any organic matter present at the time of deposition has been oxidized.’
- ‘These rocks developed as typical red beds, and dip 10-18° towards the west (264° of azimuth of dip calculated from seismic data).’
- ‘It is recognized that red beds are not necessarily indicators of arid climates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.