One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They are given intravenously, by mouth or rectally.’
- ‘Intravenous fluid may provide relief from nausea and vomiting, but many pregnant women also require an antiemetic administered orally, rectally, or by infusion with the fluid.’
- ‘The normal core body temperature for humans, measured rectally, depends on the environmental climate and internal metabolic function.’
- ‘The nurse or doctor know your bowels are active because they either hear bowel sounds or you are passing gas rectally.’
- ‘Traditionally, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, or other anticonvulsants have been given intravenously, but rectally administered diazepam is now used as an efficacious alternative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.