One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They hope that if society can come to accept that marijuana has medical benefits, it will eventually accept the notion that it can be used recreationally, just like alcohol.’
- ‘And Inspector Mangan said that, although the public perception of ecstasy users was of clubbers and teenagers, people of all ages and walks of life take the drug recreationally.’
- ‘As with alcohol or drugs, while most people can gamble purely recreationally, for some people it's a means of escape that can get out of control.’
- ‘‘The majority of people are using these drugs recreationally and are probably under-estimating the harm they are doing to their overall life,’ he said.’
- ‘She's played soccer, competitively and recreationally, for 16 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.