One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The act of considering something again; review.‘a careful reconsideration of the existing approaches’
review, re-examination, reassessment, re-evaluation, reappraisal, rethink, another look, a fresh look, relookView synonyms
- ‘This new situation leads to a reconsideration of national security risks and threats.’
- ‘In conclusion, the government has some serious reconsideration to do.’
- ‘There needs to be a review of all of this and a reconsideration of the role of the director of Central Intelligence.’
- ‘However, upon reconsideration, she said that perhaps such a bylaw would affect her.’
- ‘Now, less than three years after his death at the age of 89, a vigorous reconsideration of his significance is under way.’
- ‘Lord Justice Sedley upheld the argument and referred the case back to the county court for reconsideration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.