One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For the most part, Prime Ministers have been political reconcilers, representing and responding to the different interests in the party, and being prepared to sacrifice policy goals in the interest of party unity.’
- ‘Levada has a reputation as a subtle reconciler who seeks to bring dissidents into line by patient reasoning rather than punishment.’
- ‘Frankly, that's the way I like it because our role as an association is to be a reconciler; there are many, many ideas out there, and our role is to try to bring them together.’
- ‘We know that he has wisdom for he has played the role of reconciler since his release from prison in 1990.’
- ‘The most successful modern reconciler of faith and the imperatives of modern life, King Hussein of Jordan, lamentably died not long ago.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.