One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Capable of being reconciled; compatible.‘the two propositions are hardly reconcilable’‘the theory was quite reconcilable with industrialization’
compatible, consistent, congruous, congruent, consonantView synonyms
- ‘Unfortunately, that requirement isn't fully reconcilable with other vital interests.’
- ‘But such trust is scarcely reconcilable with Kant's soberly realistic description of the politics of his own time.’
- ‘As the negotiations begin, it is still not clear whether Kiley's interests and those of the bidders are, in fact, reconcilable.’
- ‘Looked on from this angle, European politicians' perception that the two values are reconcilable is surprising.’
- ‘He has resigned because he no longer believes that the strategy of our party is reconcilable with his republican beliefs.’
- ‘That principle is simply not reconcilable with the principles of our republic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.