One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Despite Cullen's accusations, the Waitangi Tribunal seem very clear about their place in the order of things, acknowledging that their ‘jurisdiction is recommendatory only, and that the power to govern resides with the Government.’’
- ‘Right now they are just a recommendatory body and the government decides in what manner to use their finished reports.’
- ‘The decisions of the Danube Commission are recommendatory, while the Rhine Commission's decisions are mandatory.’
- ‘At the next level, the treaty may authorize the parties' delegates to pass advisory or recommendatory resolutions.’
- ‘While the Committee only has recommendatory powers, and the Australian government rarely responds positively to its recommendations, it remains the last legal avenue for redressing a breach of human rights in Australia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.