Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Colour again or differently.‘hair should be recoloured about every six weeks’
- ‘In addition, the film has been restored and recolored, the colors popping out like this was a direct-to-video sequel and not the theatrical release itself.’
- ‘The ease by which the computer allows the artist to resize, recolor and align images and text for that ‘perfect’ visual effect is invaluable.’
- ‘The traditionalists are also reviving their designs, either recolouring or launching contemporary ranges.’
- ‘This, to me, gives a truer sense of the Universe as it is, and has totally recolored my views on what life is all about.’
- ‘We realised that if we placed a digital photo of the rock wall into the computer and instructed it to recolour the grey or brown pixels (mostly background), we could increase the distinctiveness of the rock.’
- ‘If a client wants a color of a lighter value than was originally rendered, the black and white version has to be redone and the whole rendering recolored.’
- ‘My hair is dry and scraggly and I want to recolour it back to brunette and cut it all one length.’
- ‘In his accompanying notes, he doesn't seem to even think the shifts represent anything significant… but he recolors the map, all the same.’
- ‘Colour photos can be converted to black & white, and then the interesting parts can be recoloured.’
- ‘We recoloured the logo to match the scheme.’
- ‘Thus, you can recolor clothes on your color photo or change the color of the hair, eyes, etc on a portrait.’
- ‘One of the significant new features in this release is its ability to resize and recolor PDF files.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.