One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During the sweep, Company A destroyed nearly 3,000 mortar and recoilless rifle rounds and searched dozens of caves and bunkers.’
- ‘The cheap, portable, recoilless Soviet-designed rocket launcher has long been a favorite of guerrilla armies everywhere, because it evens up the odds against more heavily armed and armored enemies.’
- ‘All they need to do is work on a recoilless version and it's a goer.’
- ‘In addition to the rockets, police collected more then 400 mortar rounds, more than 200 recoilless rifle rounds, 150 machine gun rounds, 75 rocket-propelled grenades and four anti-tank mines.’
- ‘Although their basic weapon is the rifle, they possess modern heavy weapons, including antiaircraft missile systems, recoilless rifles, and mortars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.