One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The software contains a speech recogniser that converts the audio signal into the lip movements of the animated face on a PC screen.’
- ‘Feature recognizers check the headers or the body of the e-mail looking for patterns that human beings have identified as markers of spam or non-spam mail.’
- ‘Once the patterns are established, the recognizer can make the matches and guess that a speaker is angry because they are speaking louder and with exaggerated emphasis.’
- ‘Early speech-recognition systems were discrete speech recognizers requiring users to pause between each word for 200 milliseconds.’
- ‘It ran for four years and explored the feasibility of retrieving speech documents by using the output of an automatic speech recognizer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.