One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Apply another coat of paint, varnish, etc. to.
- ‘‘People still have about four more weeks to recoat their asphalt driveways before the temperature drops to below 60 degrees,’ Paige says.’
- ‘The paint on the siding simply became faded and needed to be recoated.’
- ‘However, more work is required to recoat the inside of the pool and an appeal is ongoing to find another £50,000.’
- ‘Unfortunately, recoating the entire fort with lime, a historically accurate solution, would be prohibitively expensive at this time.’
- ‘Instead of requiring removal and replacement, the roof is built from materials that can be recoated or renewed.’
- ‘I think the big difference is the fact that they have repainted or recoated the doors - so I am going to find out how I can do the same.’
- ‘It needs to dry out a bit before we can recoat it with a water-based wood preservative.’
- ‘In areas that have been attacked by graffiti, maintenance personnel are able to remove the graffiti and recoat the affected area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.