One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Apply another coat of paint, varnish, etc. to.
- ‘It needs to dry out a bit before we can recoat it with a water-based wood preservative.’
- ‘In areas that have been attacked by graffiti, maintenance personnel are able to remove the graffiti and recoat the affected area.’
- ‘‘People still have about four more weeks to recoat their asphalt driveways before the temperature drops to below 60 degrees,’ Paige says.’
- ‘I think the big difference is the fact that they have repainted or recoated the doors - so I am going to find out how I can do the same.’
- ‘Instead of requiring removal and replacement, the roof is built from materials that can be recoated or renewed.’
- ‘Unfortunately, recoating the entire fort with lime, a historically accurate solution, would be prohibitively expensive at this time.’
- ‘However, more work is required to recoat the inside of the pool and an appeal is ongoing to find another £50,000.’
- ‘The paint on the siding simply became faded and needed to be recoated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.