One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Our capacities for reciprocation, generosity, care, tactility, expression, thoughtfulness and all the other attributes which light up our eyes may well not be enough for another.’
- ‘What a missed opportunity in my childhood: I remember a teacher or two whose venom deserved reciprocation.’
- ‘‘I've got some grapes in my car,’ I offered gallantly, assuming that she would offer something in reciprocation, but she didn't even seem mildly interested in my grapes.’
- ‘You are sensitive and caring in loving personal relationships and can expect reciprocation from your partner.’
- ‘As there as yet has been no real reciprocation from the EU's trading partners, agreement on market access still is a long way off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.