One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Female carriers of X-linked recessively inherited disorders can often be identified by some outward expression of the disorder.’
- ‘The most common one in the United Kingdom is Friedreich's ataxia, which is inherited recessively, often coming into a family out of the blue when two carrier parents have a child who develops ataxia symptoms.’
- ‘A line of briard dogs has been identified that is affected by an autosomal recessively inherited retinal disease resulting in severe, early onset visual impairment.’
- ‘It can be inherited either recessively or dominantly.’
- ‘This recessively inherited disorder classically presents during infancy and early childhood with a severe illness characterised by encephalopathy and hypoglycaemia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.