One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All leaders and workers listen receptively to one another and are involved together in many of the important decisions of the organization.’
- ‘The little thing crooned deeply, and opened its mouth receptively to be fed.’
- ‘It is hard work to listen receptively to the opinions of those with whom we disagree.’
- ‘If you have a stack of papers to get through, I still suggest that you first read a couple of them receptively, without doing anything to them, to get a sense for what students are doing and how the assignment worked.’
- ‘Given that scores were based only on stimulus words that the child could receptively recognize, it is not surprising that the correct pronunciation was almost always judged to be acceptable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.