One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Given that scores were based only on stimulus words that the child could receptively recognize, it is not surprising that the correct pronunciation was almost always judged to be acceptable.’
- ‘The little thing crooned deeply, and opened its mouth receptively to be fed.’
- ‘All leaders and workers listen receptively to one another and are involved together in many of the important decisions of the organization.’
- ‘If you have a stack of papers to get through, I still suggest that you first read a couple of them receptively, without doing anything to them, to get a sense for what students are doing and how the assignment worked.’
- ‘It is hard work to listen receptively to the opinions of those with whom we disagree.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.