One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘First, the recentness of the Supreme Court decision may help members of interracial families to see themselves as pioneers or heroes of a new cause.’
- ‘Moreover, the better the doctor knew the patient as measured, for example, by the length and recentness of their contact, the more likely the doctor was to err.’
- ‘First-years will identify with the recentness of the ordeal, and everyone else can simply be thankful that their orientation is far behind them, and now it is a new class's turn to suffer.’
- ‘The most recent version was published in 2002, but don't let that recentness fool you - a good few months ago, when I remembered having read a much older version, I decided to try and seek out a copy.’
- ‘It is a significant sign of the recentness of ‘Chinese nationalism’ that this curious situation bothered very few people until about 110 years ago.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.