One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘First-years will identify with the recentness of the ordeal, and everyone else can simply be thankful that their orientation is far behind them, and now it is a new class's turn to suffer.’
- ‘Moreover, the better the doctor knew the patient as measured, for example, by the length and recentness of their contact, the more likely the doctor was to err.’
- ‘The most recent version was published in 2002, but don't let that recentness fool you - a good few months ago, when I remembered having read a much older version, I decided to try and seek out a copy.’
- ‘It is a significant sign of the recentness of ‘Chinese nationalism’ that this curious situation bothered very few people until about 110 years ago.’
- ‘First, the recentness of the Supreme Court decision may help members of interracial families to see themselves as pioneers or heroes of a new cause.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.