One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Because of the relative recency of Internet forums for intellectual interchanges, a number of precedents may be set that will determine the future course of peer commentary.’
- ‘Research has also shown, however, that self-reported drug use increases as recency decreases.’
- ‘Among these contributors will be some of the movers and shakers of criminology in the coming years: and the sharpness and recency of their experience can be expected to resonate with those of the generation to come.’
- ‘The recency of the campaigns creates major challenges for them, of course, but both historical accounts are written as sensibly as time and space would allow.’
- ‘The classic lie about globalization is its recency.’
- ‘We then computed a recency of use measure by subtracting the difference between the respondent's actual age and the age he or she last reported any use of a particular substance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.