One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long scarf covering the head and shoulders, traditionally worn by Spanish-American women.
- ‘Rather than using colorful cloth rebozos to carry infants on their backs, they now use baby carriages.’
- ‘Many rural women wear a shawl, called a rebozo, and a simple dress or a skirt and blouse.’
- ‘So you see women on the streets in the hot sun wearing Vietnamese straw-brimmed hats, and moms in rebozos cuddling their kids, and so on.’
- ‘Standing outside, his wife crossed herself as they passed and pulled her rebozo tight around her grey hair.’
- ‘Men and women wear the poncho, and women wear shawls called rebozos.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.