One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I see it as a triumphant reassertion of his essence: serious joy.’
- ‘The availability of the means of production has seemed to go alongside a compensatory reassertion of spectacular power.’
- ‘And the Germans as a people admired the Nazis' reassertion of German power and prestige, whereas the USSR was a former empire with myriad conflicting national and social allegiances.’
- ‘In tandem with a reform of the modern Mass, already tentatively under way, the foundations could be laid for a return to dignified worship and reassertion of doctrine.’
- ‘The new art rock, however, is resolutely white, resolutely middle-class: a reassertion of old cultural hierarchies, not a celebration of their disentangling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.