A member of the pragmatic, as opposed to the radical, wing of the Green movement.Often contrasted with fundie
- ‘In Germany the Greens are described as fundies or realos.’
- ‘The realo possesses the considerable advantage of working within the constraints of contemporary social and cultural ‘givens.’’
- ‘Inside the party, issue for issue, the realos and the fundis competed for the soul and stewardship of the Greens.’
- ‘By the 1980s, all these new movements had become divided internally between what the German Greens called the fundis and the realos.’
- ‘The realo could make a fairly strong case that green traditions of antistatism and anticonsumerism need to be fundamentally reconsidered.’
- ‘An inner party war between the two factions raged throughout the '80s until the realos finally prevailed.’
1980s: from German, from Realist ‘realist’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.