Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An estate agent.
- ‘You would not want to have a principle of the application of the Trades Practices Act that effectively makes real estate agents guarantors for survey material.’
- ‘For Stewart, who is a licensed real estate agent, the housing market is familiar terrain.’
- ‘We drew together some city planners, attorneys and real estate agents to work with long-range planning.’
- ‘If you've ever sold a house, you know that real estate agents can charge a commission between 5 and 6 percent.’
- ‘In Florida, the governing body over real estate agents and brokers is the Real Estate Trade Commission.’
- ‘Hurst did everything expected of a real estate agent in order to sell the property.’
- ‘To speed the process, he had a mortgage broker on hand, but no real estate agents in sight.’
- ‘When somebody applies to be a tenant to a real estate agent, do real estate agents automatically tap their name into the database to see if they're on the list?’
- ‘Next we contact a real estate agent and tell the agent our requirements.’
- ‘She said the threats had been made by ‘some real estate agents and some business people who are trying to speculate.’’
- ‘The purchaser closed the deal but sued his own real estate agent and the agents for the vendor for damages.’
- ‘The images are available to both real estate agents and the general public.’
- ‘She obtained her real estate agent and broker's licence and continued to carry on both activities after the children were born.’
- ‘The purchasers drafted the agreement with the assistance of their real estate agent and it was accepted as drafted.’
- ‘Our real estate agents promote living in the country as an idyllic lifestyle.’
- ‘They were advised by the real estate agent that the engineering report was not reliable.’
- ‘In her statement, Grace attributed a value of $209, 000.00 based upon 2 letters of opinion from real estate agents.’
- ‘He said in developed countries, nearly 95 per cent of the real estate property transactions are carried out through real estate agents.’
- ‘Shanghai has about 19 different real estate markets, I was taught by a real estate agent.’
- ‘No evidence was adduced by either side to indicate the normal method of treating income for tax purposes by real estate agents.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.