Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A grade of commercial chemicals of a high standard of purity suitable for use in chemical analysis.
- ‘All chemicals were of reagent grade and were used without further purification.’
- ‘All other chemical reagents were reagent grade or better.’
- ‘Other reagents were commercial products of reagent grade.’
- ‘The other chemicals were of analytical reagent grade.’
- ‘All chemicals used were reagent grade or of highest quality available.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.