Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A grade of commercial chemicals of a high standard of purity suitable for use in chemical analysis.
- ‘All other chemical reagents were reagent grade or better.’
- ‘Other reagents were commercial products of reagent grade.’
- ‘All chemicals used were reagent grade or of highest quality available.’
- ‘The other chemicals were of analytical reagent grade.’
- ‘All chemicals were of reagent grade and were used without further purification.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.