A grade of commercial chemicals of a high standard of purity suitable for use in chemical analysis.
- ‘All chemicals were of reagent grade and were used without further purification.’
- ‘All other chemical reagents were reagent grade or better.’
- ‘Other reagents were commercial products of reagent grade.’
- ‘The other chemicals were of analytical reagent grade.’
- ‘All chemicals used were reagent grade or of highest quality available.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.