One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The grouping of three successive bases in a sequence of DNA that constitutes the codons for the amino acids encoded by the DNA.
- ‘The open reading frames of all gene sequences identified were interrupted by introns.’
- ‘Analysis of the nucleotide sequence identifies an open reading frame of 1882 codons, interrupted by one putative intron.’
- ‘The alignment exhibited an insertion of 11 consecutive codons after the first 2 codons in the reading frame of the S gene.’
- ‘Proteins encoded in overlapping reading frames from the same nucleotides have different levels of amino acid variation.’
- ‘The leader transcript contains an open reading frame which encodes a polypeptide of 44 amino acids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.