One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Discern what someone is thinking.‘he nodded, as though he could read her mind and approved of her attitude’
- ‘As if reading my mind, Rafael rises from the conference table and says, ‘I swear I don't have a mistress in Beijing.’’
- ‘But I hate him because he always seems to be reading my mind and telling me what I think of myself.’
- ‘When I ask him what sparked his needle-picking mission, he reads my mind.’
- ‘It was like he was reading my mind and playing it back so I have to think it was a dream.’
- ‘No, she doesn't have eyes in the back of her head, but she could be reading your mind.’
- ‘A paralysed man in the US has become the first person to benefit from a brain chip that reads his mind.’
- ‘Ms Lauren reads my mind and posts questions on a topic I've been thinking about recently, snobbery.’
- ‘For perhaps, even as you may be watching a feat performed by a magician, he can be reading your mind.’
- ‘Anyone claiming to be a mind reader has definitely not read my mind correctly on this one.’
- ‘You think of a number, the computer reads your mind and guesses the number.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.