One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in a film or video recording) a portrayal of a person's response to an event or to a statement made by another.‘you can zoom in fast to get a reaction shot of a member of the crowd’
- ‘Had I just done a close-up here or a reaction shot there, the scenes would have had a better pay off.’
- ‘As an actor himself, he knows the power of the reaction shot.’
- ‘With a single reaction shot, Cleese generates the film's biggest laugh.’
- ‘The tight close-up on his reaction shot after Patty innocently states that she ‘likes to be kissed’ could easily stand as one of film history's funniest frames.’
- ‘As the interviewer drones on about the position, their is a close-up reaction shot of Vincent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.