One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance that takes part in and undergoes change during a reaction.
- ‘The change in heat content of the products relative to the reactants in a chemical reaction is known as the change in enthalpy.’
- ‘When bonds are broken in a chemical reaction, the reactants involved are colliding with enough kinetic energy to break the atoms apart.’
- ‘The rate of chemical reactions often depends on the concentration of the reactants involved.’
- ‘Countless industrial processes use acids and bases as reactants or catalysts to make a variety of consumer goods.’
- ‘If some of the components of this system chemically react with each other then the inert substance dispersing the reactants is the inert solvent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.