One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Acquire (something) again.‘there are statutory limitations on the ability of a corporation to reacquire its own shares’
- ‘He reacquired the chain and draped it around his shoulder.’
- ‘Of course, old habits died hard, and Dave had reacquired his dislike of Scott.’
- ‘Better yet, imagine if I reacquired millions of years of lost knowledge and remembered my entire past history.’
- ‘Even then, despite being left untouched, it would lose the signal and be unable to reacquire it.’
- ‘It was only in 1994, after arduous negotiations, that Bayer reacquired its trademark.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.