One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Accustom (someone) to something again.‘a routine to reaccustom the disabled person to the demands of a normal working day’
- ‘He hasn't played in the majors since May 2002 and has to get reaccustomed to big-league pitching.’
- ‘Blinking to reaccustom herself to the darkness, Lexa already had her hands over her ears when the deafening blast of thunder reached her.’
- ‘Now I just have to get my eyes reaccustomed to my contacts and then I'll be all set.’
- ‘It took about an hour to match velocities with the orbiting UFO, ample time for Erin to reaccustom himself to zero-G maneuvering.’
- ‘One of the things that some players may need to get used to (or possibly reaccustomed to) is the Metal Gear control scheme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.