A burrowing bivalve mollusc with a long slender shell which resembles the handle of a cut-throat razor.
- ‘A movement by a razor shell catches my attention.’
- ‘The middle regions of the beach are surf-beaten, but the sheltered southern corner, at low tide, reveals fine sands thickly populated with razor shells, tellins, surf clams and sand mason worms.’
- ‘Other prey, such as bristle worms, razor shells and tellins are also taken when available.’
- ‘And there were an unusual number of razor shells around the hull.’
- ‘Instead of crickets the sound appears too much closer to that of razor shells being rubbed together.’